Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I wish it was a perfect world and no one ever had to deal with infertility.
I wish it was a perfect world and there werent any "unplanned" pregnancies.
In my perfect world everyone would be happy and healthy and have as many babies as they could handle.

Sometimes I look at blogs of couples who are "hoping to adopt"
and my heart aches for them.
I dont know first hand what its like to go through infertility,
but i know from other people that its tough.

if it wasnt so blasted heartbreaking i would give every couple i know a baby.
but the reality is, it is heart breaking.

Its national infertility awareness week.
my heart aches for every couple that has gone through or is going through this bump in the road.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a great post. We know two couples who are battling this right now, and all I can do is imagine what it must be like. When I was pregnant with Broden we bought a book for Vada that broke down the development by week. At the end, it explains how in vitro works. Vada asked why couples had to have babies that way. After explaining, we proceeded to say our bedtime prayer. And somewhere in there, it went something like this: "and please be with those moms and dads who can't get pregnant...and if its because the dads sperm doesn't swim fast enough, please give his sperm more energy."

ForeverSarahLee said...

I heart this... I don't struggle w/infertility myself, but I can sympathize w/longing for a child.

I love you Katt!